I am sure all of you remember that when we were in school, we had many times gone for class trips or picnics with our class. If you remember well, the best time spent during the trip was during the journey to the picnic spot and the return. The best time was when we were in the bus. We spent the time singing and dancing, eating, looking out of the window enjoying the scenery around. The journey to the spot and return was the best time. You know why? Because we were free in the bus. We did not have to think about whether we were going in the right direction. We were safe inside the bus. We knew that we would reach out destination in time. The traffic on the road did not bother us. Out parents were not there to scold us or warn us – tell us not to do this and that. All we had was free time. We had free time to do whatever we want – sing, dance, enjoy, listen to music, shout out loud – no matter what we do, we would reach our destination.
Life is like this. We are being driven in a bus to our destination. There is no chance that we can be driven in the wrong direction. All we have is free time to dance, enjoy and sing.
If you look closely, things are happening. We have always tried to know, but we never knew the results. We never knew what would happen. Things just happened! No matter what goals or objectives we had, things happened on their own. The happening or non-happening of the events has brought us where we are today. A small happening or non-happening changes the course of our lives. Small things like a little delay, in any event, changes a lot in our lives but we are unaware.
Few years before the marriage of my parents they never knew that they are going to be married to each other. Before my birth, they did not know that I would be born. They of course knew that a baby will be born, but they did not know that it would be me. Neither did I know that I am going to be born nor did I not know that I would be born to my parents. My birth was not in my control. To me and also to my parents it just happened. Had I been born to some Industrialist or politician, the course of my life would have been different and had I been born to a not so well to do family, the course of my life would have been different. To me it was a matter of chance, but it may not be so to Existence or GOD. God or Existence or creation must have had some plan.
I went to a particular school and the friends I made while in school would not have been my friends if I did not go to that particular school. My friends influenced my life to some extent. We all influence each other in one way or the other. I lost two years after my school due to illness. I was two years behind my peers. God knows what would have happened if I did not lose these two years. I fell ill, and it changed the course of my life. I did not want to fall ill, but I fell. I did not want to lose two years, but it happened. Every small and big event is changing the course of our lives. And all of these events are beyond our control. They just happen. We do not know why they happen but they just happen. We are moving. But the directions in which we move are not in our control. It is as if we are being automatically pulled but one event after another and we are moving. I went to college, even there the friends I made, would not have been my friends if I did not go to that college. Even the computer that I am using not while writing this blog, has come to me without my control. It has just come to me. At least I believe so.
The goals that we have in life, does not matter at all, because whatever happens, it is beyond our control. If things would have been in our control, then there would have been no failures. We all would have become utterly successful in all our endeavours. But it is not the case. We have suffered failures, and each failure has changed the course of our lives. I wanted to study Aerospace Engineering at Caltech and work in the NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory, but today Caltech does not appear even in my dreams, because the course of my life changed the day my application was rejected. The day my application was rejected, I did something else and that has made me what I am today. Every event changes the course of our lives and we do not know what will happen. The future is totally unknown. It is definitely not in our control. We are just being dragged from one place to another automatically. We are drifting at every point in our lives, we know it or not.
This way we all are moving. The course of our lives is not in our hands. This is the case with all of us. For every one of us the course of our lives is not in our hands. So I have no reason to laugh at someone else’s failure or be jealous of someone else’s success. The person who is a failure is not responsible for his failure or the person who is a success has no reason to be proud or take credit for his success. The same is applicable to me as well.
We are moving being a part of the law and it is almost impossible to get out of this motion. We are entangled the moment we are born. Only a man with a gigantic will, like Buddha, would have done that. Others are drifting along.
The situation is like that of a bus, where the driver of the bus is existence or God. He is driving us all. All of us are in the same bus. We have made our own worlds in this bus, we have made or goals in this bus and all our happiness and sorrows are in this bus only. But no matter what we do, we are in this bus and are being taken towards the right direction.
We do not have any responsibility of driving the bus. But we have forgotten that the bus is being driven by God, we think that we are driving the bus and we strive and toil to drive the bus in the direction in which we want it to go. But it does not happen. It is driven by a force much more powerful that what we are. It is driven by existence or creation. This has to be remembered.
No matter how much you try to stop the bus or change the direction according to your wish, it travels on its own. It changes direction on its own. No matter what you do, you are moving with the bus in the direction in which the bus wants you to go. It is utter foolishness to change the direction of the bus according our wish or stop the bus. The bus will never stop. It will move taking you along with it.
When we are being driven by existence, we must have complete trust in existence. It is the same driver that is driving everything in this universe. It is the same driver that is driving the planets around the sun. We are being driven towards the goal and we should not bother about reaching the goal, because we will reach no matter what.
We are moving in the direction of the goal, without any effort we are moving in the direction of the goal. We need not put any effort to reach the goal – it would be utter foolishness.
- Have trust in the driver of the Bus and know that He is driving us in the correct direction. There is no option to go wrong. He is utterly correct
- We should start enjoying the journey, look out of the window and enjoy the scenery around.
- We should start rejoicing and celebrating that we are in the right direction always and all the time.
- We are in a bus, which is being driven by God – we should not bother about where he is taking us, he is invariably taking us in the right direction –
- Thinking this all our burden is relieved – the responsibility drops from our shoulders – and we feel free completely. We can enjoy our journey.
- We are free that we are not driving the bus; it is not our responsibility to drive the bus. You may go in the wrong direction, but he will not. There is no chance of going wrong.
- It is up to us how we would spend this time – by crying or by rejoicing and celebrating
- Even if we are crying, it does not make any difference, because even if you are crying you are crying in the bus and the bus is being taken in the right direction. You are just passing your time by crying.
- Understand that no matter what you do, you are in the right direction, you are being driven by God, there is no responsibility of yours in taking yourself along, and you are BEING taken.
- No matter what you do – laugh, cry, celebrate, work, compete with each other – everything you are doing in the bus and you are just passing your time while you are travelling.
- Just leave the steering wheel and let God drive – he will change lanes and take turn exactly in the right places – we need not bother at all – just pass your time with whatever you want to do. The choice is yours because the responsibility is not yours.
- While being driven – we should enjoy the journey – enjoy our freedom just like the way we enjoy when we go for a picnic with friends – when we do not drive and we just enjoy the journey singing and dancing all along the way.
- Everyone of us, no matter what we do, is being taken the right direction – even when he is crying or laughing or is under great depression – he is moving towards the goal and being driven by GOD or existence.
- In the bus, happiness and sadness does not matter at all – it does not make a difference because we are moving – though we are crying or laughing – we are moving
- Whole life is just a “time-pass” because you do not have the burden of carrying yourself along. You have loads of time. Do whatever you want – celebrate.
SINCE WE ARE BEING DRIVEN BY GOD, WE SHOULD DO NOTHING BUT JUST ENJOY. THE BURDEN IS HIS. WE HAVE A CHOICE BETWEEN CRYRING AND REJOICING – THESE TWO DOES NOT MAKE A DIFFERENCE. WE SHOULD JUST ENJOY AND GIVE UP ALL RESPONSIBILITY. HE WILL TAKE CARE.
Whenever I travel by train alone – I really enjoy, there may be trouble the moment I get off, I might have a serious meeting or serious work, but during the journey, till the time I am in the train, till the time I do not get off, I enjoy. Here we never have to get off. So whole life is just rejoicing and doing things we want. Whatever we do, it does not make a difference.
- Have goals, but know that this goal is yours and NOT THAT OF GOD. While in the journey, you can have goals but the direction of travel will be decided by the Driver (GOD)– this is temporary – Your goals are just a “time pass” while in the bus – just a game you are playing for passing time and nothing else – know that we are automatically being driven to the GOAL OF EXISTENCE.
- No achievement will make you happy as long as your goal does not match with the goal of the Driver (GOD) – Go wherever he takes you – be in God’s Bus and just enjoy – know that you are already being taken to the goal and you are in the right direction – everything is just a play – just rejoicing and celebrating
- If you are too much with your personal goals, you are bound to lose, because you are being driven by someone else, who has HIS own plans
- Know that all goals are time pass are just for fun – this is similar to the things that you do when you are going to a picnic with friends.
- What you do to others and what others do to you – do not make a difference – it is all the same – all games and play – games played during the journey –
- Understand that life is taking you and it will take you no matter what you do – he has brought you here and he will also take you wherever it has to take you – do not fear – have trust.
- Whether you do or you are forced to do – nothing will be good or bad – Both are games – Plays – and nothing more.
JUST CELEBRATE AND REJOICE – HE IS HOLDING YOUR HAND – DO NOT FEAR